Buying a fishing rod licence



If you’re new to fishing and fancy having a go don’t make the mistake of assuming you don’t need a fishing rod licence. 

Did you know? 


“You need a rod fishing licence to fish for salmon, trout, freshwater fish, smelt or eel with a rod and line in:

  • England (except the River Tweed)
  • Wales
  • the Border Esk region of Scotland

You must always carry your rod fishing licence when you’re fishing or you could be prosecuted.”

It isn’t worth getting caught without one as you may be fined up to £2500. 

Follow this link to get yours, remember! there are exceptions so make sure you get the correct information from the .gov website.




Friday, July 12th, 2019 at 12:48 pm  |  News


  • Categories