New appointments are being appointed to the National Angling & Fisheries Advisor ... Read more
Why Join The Angling Trades Association?
With an unswerving commitment to the fishing tackle trade, the Angling Trades Association (ATA) organises, promotes and delivers major nationwide initiatives aimed at increasing angling participation.
All anglers buy tackle, bait and clothing throughout their lives and this is why stimulating the recruitment of new anglers has always been the crucial, core activity of ATA .
BENEFITS OF ATA MEMBERSHIP
The ATA organises its own administrative and membership services, ensuring that overheads are minimised and maximum funds are ploughed back into protecting, promoting and growing the trade.
Membership prices starts from just £84 a year and the wide range of membership benefits includes:
- FREE advertising on the ATA website and a FREE link to your own website.
- FREE advertising on the new ‘Get into Fishing’ website.
- ATA membership listed free in UK Tackle Trade Directory.
- WIDESPREAD promotion of angling through initiatives like National Fishing Month & Take A Friend Fishing.
- FREE access to participate in and receive results of ATA Industry Surveys designed to keep members up to date with angling trends.
- FREE Fact Sheets through our membership of the Sports and Recreation Alliance – Members have free access to fact sheets covering a range of business matters from employment law to the Working Time Directive. These are available either in print format or can be downloaded from the website. They are updated on a regular basis to reflect best working practices.
- FREE courses – recent courses have included online social networking business advice, trading with China and trademark protection.
- FREE Business Support Helpline – Members can obtain free advice from qualified professionals, Croner, on tax, VAT, PAYE, payroll, employment and personnel, health and safety, legal and commercial issues.
- Access to lobby UK and European Parliaments – Through the ATA’s membership of the Angling Trust, it has access to lobby UK and European Parliaments.
- FREE electricity safety posters – downloadable and printable from the website, helping you keep your customers safe.
- FREE Child Protection and Safeguarding advice sheets prepared by the Angling Trust and the Child Protection in Sport Unit (NSPCC).
- A unique Retail Finance scheme from Omni Capital Retail Finance to help retailers grow their businesses by offering credit facilities to their customers. Manufacturers could also recommend this new scheme to their retail accounts to enable increased turnover.
- A bespoke foreign exchange service through our partnership with South West Foreign Exchange Ltd.
- Regular sports industry updates for our members through our membership of the Sports and Recreational Alliance.
ATA MEMBERSHIP CRITERIA
The Angling Trades Association Ltd is a Company limited by guarantee and is owned by its members.
General Meetings of the ATA are held once a year to which all members are invited to attend and air their views. In order to be an effective mouthpiece of its members, their comments are vital and encouraged.
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP
- Must be substantially engaged in the supply and/or promotion of angling products or angling activities in the European Union.
- Must sign the Code of Practice in the application form.
- Must operate in a bona fide and ethical manner.
- Must normally be trading for at least one year.
- Must be proposed by a member of the Angling Trade Association of at least twelve months standing.
HOW TO JOIN THE ATA
To join the ATA call 0333 577 9970 or email email@example.com